Welcome to the surgery
The surgery has been serving the people of Moseley and surrounding areas for over 50 years.
Wake Green Surgery strives to deliver the highest standard of care by building strong working relationships with our patients, their families, carers and the wider community. We will provide safe, effective, patient-centred services which are responsive and considerate.
National Diabetes Audit
This GP practice is taking part in an important national project about diabetes care and treatment in the NHS. The project is called the National Diabetes Audit (NDA). To take part, your GP practice will share information about your diabetes care and treatment with the NDA. The type of information, and how it is shared, is controlled by law and enforced by strict rules of confidentiality and security.
For further information about how your information is used please see the NDA patient information leaflet.
Taking part in the NDA shows that this GP practice is committed to improving care for people with diabetes.
If you do not want your information to be used, please inform the receptionist, your GP or nurse. This will not affect your care.
Will you be an Antibiotic Guardian?
The national Antibiotic Guardian campaign aims to raise awareness on how to use antibiotics in a responsible way that will help keep them effective for the future. We are encouraging our patients to take part by watching the Antibiotic Guardian video, choosing a pledge and becoming an Antibiotic Guardian at www.antibioticguardian.com.
Did you know?
- It is estimated that at least 5,000 deaths are caused every year in England because antibiotics no longer work for some infections.
- These antibiotic ‘resistant’ infections don’t just infect you; they can spread to other people in close contact with you.
- It is important we use our existing antibiotics wisely and make sure these lifesaving medicines continue to stay effective for ourselves, our children and grandchildren.
- Without urgent action from all of us, common infections, minor injuries and routine operations will become much riskier.
- Antibiotics should only be taken when prescribed by a health professional.
Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, otitis media (earache) and sore throats often get better without antibiotics. Your GP may not prescribe antibiotics for these conditions but your local pharmacy can help provide self-care advice and suitable over the counter medicines to treat your symptoms.
Current CAMPAIGN TV ADVERTISEMENT (Keep Antibiotics Working):
Available at: https://youtu.be/ef4QHUS5760
We regret that the surgery has temporarily suspended registering new patients – please click for further details.
Wake Green Surgery is part of Our Health Partnership and is a member of Birmingham Cross City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Patient Access lets you use the online services of your local practice. These may include arranging appointments, repeat medication, secure messages, medical record and updating your details.
Please click on the link below to access the report for our latest CQC inspection, rated overall as Good.