Referral to Hospital by your GP
You are entitled to ask for a referral for specialist treatment on the NHS. Please discuss this with your GP who will help you reach the most appropriate care for your needs. When you attend your GP please ensure that all contact information is up to date.
- Your GP will then send an electronic referral to the Hospital within your catchment area
- Referral is then processed by the Hospital
- You should be normally be appointed within 12 weeks, this maybe sooner if your Doctor has classed your referral as urgent – please do not contact the Practice before this time to check on the progress of your referral
- You can contact the Hospital Department that you have been referred to directly, if you have any concerns
- If you still have any questions about your referral then please contact the Practice
For further Information please visit the NHS website.
You can also phone the NHS e-Referral Service line on 0345 6088888 (open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and on weekends 8am to 4pm).